Annoyed by neck pain or discomfort?
Getting in the way of your sleep, work, or hobbies?
Not sure what you can do to get rid of neck pain/discomfort?
Here at Hands-on Therapy Services – the leading clinic for hand therapy in Miami – we are going to share our 3 tips that you can use to get started right away to get rid of neck pain.
Last week, we emphasized how important it is to get to the root cause of neck pain.
To do that, we can help you with a one-on-one session, so that we can:
- perform some key tests in the clinic
- give you clarity on what’s causing the problem
- make sure that you get the right help so that you can have lasting results.
How awesome would it be to feel comfortable going to sleep and waking up? Or being on the computer researching your next trip without neck pain?
Get started with these 3 tips
- Stretching – your neck goes in all directions. Side to side, up and down and turning your neck. A key tip is to not hike your shoulders to compensate for the little neck motion that you may have. Also, make sure to stretch your shoulders because they play a huge role in neck problems. A key thing with stretches is, you want to do them slowly and hold, do a few through the day, and not many repetitions. We’ve got some great videos on YouTube or you can always call us and request them.
- Pillows – Having a great pillow can be everything. It also depends on what position you like to sleep in. If you are on your back, make sure the pillow is not too big because it can push your head forward. Or if you are a side sleeper, the pillow should not be too thin because then it is not supporting your neck enough. Firmness depends on you but a medium firmness with the right support is key to not having neck pain.
- Eating healthy and drink plenty of water. It’s said often but can be hard to do so all the time. Eating healthy and drinking water can ensure you have less overall “inflammation” of your joints which will allow you to move better with less pain.
We have a lot of free resources for you here at Hands-on Therapy Services – the clinic for occupational therapy for back pain in Miami.
If you like to just stay pain-free and want to make sure you are on the right path, we have some great videos being released weekly from our Active Series on YouTube.
If you have neck pain but are not sure whether we can help you get rid of neck pain so that you can sleep, drive, and live pain-free, then request a Free Discovery Visit.
Be clear on what you need before any paid session!
If you have tried other services before or you are just fed up with pain and worry, then give us a call at 786-615-9879 and speak with a specialist right away.
If this sounds like you, or you know someone with neck pain, just give us a call and talk to a specialist before booking a paid session!
About the author
Hoang Tran is an occupational therapist in Miami, the owner of Hands-on Therapy Services and author of the book “The Hands-On Approach”. She loves helping people with neck and back problems, because she knows how bad and debilitating they can get if not addressed and treated properly (once and for all!).
The aim of our practice is to bring patients back to full functionality, without pills, injections or surgery. For inquiries call us at 786-615-9879 or email us at email@example.com. You can also visit our website at www.handsots.com or schedule an appointment.
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PROVIDING OF MEDICAL ADVICE, and is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health.